So….the plan was to write a daily blog during the Fringe, telling you all about the ups and downs, how amazing I am, what i ate, show you how great I look etc etc etc. Turns out doing the Fringe is fucking exhausting so that didn’t happen. Here’s a quick summary:
- I saw a shit tonne of shows. Some were amazing, some were alright and some were abismal. But ya know, it’s good to see a variety.
- We had some absolute great performances. Proper in the moment, bouncing off of each other and really nailing it. The audience were laughing, crying and gasping. That’s what I wanted.
- On the other hand, we had some that were just alright. Not bad, but nothing special. We were both in our own heads and not focusing on each other, which led to a lackluster performance. We both felt it and it sucked, but that’s live theatre. LEarn and move on.
- We did have more good days than bad days so yeah, great!
- I got naked to promote the show. Full on vag out.
- OHMYGOD THE FRINGE IS SO FUCKING STRESSFUL. DON’T EVER DO IT. IT’S SO STRESSFUL. YOU’LL HATE IT.
- OHMYGOD THE FRINGE IS THE MOST AMAZING THING EVER! DO IT! YOU’LL LOVE IT! IT’S SO MUCH WORK BUT YOU’LL LOVE IT!
Nah seriously, do it. It’s the most amazing thing I’ve ever done. I can’t believe I did it either. I mean, fucking hell. The Fringe?! The actual Edinburgh Fringe Festival. Like…I only started acting 3 years ago just for something to do, and look at me now. Fucking hell. Who would have thought? Who even…what?! NO! Whaaaaat!!
I’ve been taking a wee post show break because I’m shattered, but I’m going to start work on the redraft, expand the show to a full length piece and then see what happenes.Oh, and start work on next year’s show.
Here’s some pictures. Look how amazing my hair is. I’m amazing.